A dental crown is a tooth-shaped restoration, also referred to as a “cap”, which is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size and strength. We offer several options of crowns depending on your treatment needs.
A crown may be needed for many reasons including:
- Protecting a weak tooth from breaking
- Covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling and a small amount of remaining tooth structure
- Holding together parts of a cracked tooth
- Restoring an already broken tooth or a tooth that is severely damaged by decay
- Covering misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- After root canal therapy